I. Trial system
- Branch Court is divided into one Civil Division and two Criminal Divisions.The Civil Division has a Division Chief Judge, four Associate Judges; The Criminal Divisions has two Division Chief Judges (one is the President of Branch Court), four Associate Judges. Division Chief Judges cope with affairs in his division and assign regularly. In order to equalize the labor and solve the difficulties of assigning cases, Judges hear both civil and criminal cases except juvenile, family, traffic, public security and labor matters. Cases are heard and decided by a panel of three judges of the same division, with one of judges conducting the preparatory proceedings. The division chief presides over the trial and acts as chairperson in deliberation. In case there's no presiding judge available, a senior associate judge shall act in the presiding judge's place.
- Public defense system
There is one vacancy for the public defender. For necessity, the Branch Court negotiates with the Hualien and Taitung Lawyers Associations. Providing the defendants who have not retained a lawyer under enforced and designated defending cases,the Branch Court asked the Associations to preschedule to assign its members by turns in defense of the defendant.
II. Administrative system
Department of Clerk is headed by a chief clerk. The chief clerk assists the President of the Branch Court to manage general ministerial affairs and acts as the news notifier of the Branch Court.
The Department of Clerk has the following sections, and each leads by a section chief of recommended appointment rank:
- Civil Clerical Section: attending to keeping and filing the minutes of criminal cases.
- Criminal Clerical Section: attending to keeping and filing the minutes of criminal cases.
- Documentary Section: charged with the custody of the official seals, the editing and compilation of laws and regulations, the preparation and keeping records of judicial conferences, the registration of lawyers, the editing of research papers, relating to the collection of books, periodicals, the publication of judicial reports, and the management of case files.
- Research and Evaluation Section: charged with the scheduling of annual plans, the researches, the developments, examinations, and the reviews of the courts' businesses.
- General Affairs Section: charged with the disbursing and collecting, the purchasing, the safekeeping, the maintenance of property, the construction of physical plants, and the management of the inferior.
- Law Clerk Office: attending to assist the judges in the process of examining litigations, analyzing law issues, and colleting the files of litigations.
- Judicial Police Office: there are one chief court police, one deputy- chief court police, and a number of court polices execute all writs of the Branch Court.
The Branch Court also has a Personnel Office, an Accounting Office, a Statistics Office, an Information Office, and a Government Ethics Office, each led by a director, to take charge respectively of the administration of personnel affairs, budgetary and accounting affairs, statistical affairs, matters pertaining to the computerization of the judicial business, and to prevent the corruption of the judges and staffs, to provide the security for the courts as well.
- Personnel Office:
This is responsible for appointing and dismissal and transfer of officials, rewards and punishment, assessments, evaluation of achievements, retirements, compensation, salaries, training, holiday and business trip management, personnel files management as well as matters concerning the material benefits of personnel, civil servant insurance, health insurance, cooperation and activities.
- Civil Service Ethics Office:
This is responsible for enactment and popularization of the civil service ethics regulations and rules, anti-corruption, prosecution affairs, suggestions on civil service ethics, assessments, rewards and punishment, protection of confidential affairs, property declarations and the other matters concerning civil service ethics.
- Accounting Office:
This is responsible for the arrangement of general estimates, budget and final accounts, approved budgetary distribution and projects, control of financial income and expenses, management of judicatory income, control of legal fees as well as for suggestions to enhance financial power and lower expenses.
- Statistics Office:
This is responsible for judicatory statistical affairs.
- Information Management Office:
This is responsible for the management and maintenance of the computers and network systems in the Court, installation of the applied systems, management of the operational documents and maintenance of files. It is the advice center for problems with computers in the Court.
- Release Date:2021-04-30